15 Indoor and Outdoor Winter Games for Kids
Winter is a great time to get outside and enjoy the snow and cold weather! But when the temperatures drop and winter weather sets in, it can be hard to come up with fun activities for kids to do. Luckily, there are plenty of fun indoor and outdoor winter games for kids to enjoy. Here are 15 of our favorite winter games to keep kids entertained all season long!
Indoor Winter Games
1. Hot Cocoa Relay – Divide into two teams and have each team line up in a single file. Fill two mugs with hot cocoa and place them at the start line. On “go,” the first person in line must grab the mug and race to the end of the line where they must hand off the mug to the next person in line. The first team to finish drinking all their hot cocoa wins.
2. Snowball Toss – Fill a bucket with Styrofoam balls and have each player take turns throwing them at a target. The player who gets the most points wins.
3. Marshmallow Tower – Gather a big bag of marshmallows and some toothpicks. Divide into teams and have each team build the tallest tower they can with just the marshmallows and toothpicks. The tallest tower wins!
4. Snowman-Building Contest – Have a contest to see who can build the best snowman with the items you have on hand. Have each person create their own snowman and then have a vote to decide the winner.
5. Snowball Bowling – Take an empty soda bottle and fill it with snowballs. Have each player take turns bowling at the “pins” to try and knock them down. Whoever scores the most points wins!
Outdoor Winter Games
1. Ice Skating – Put on some warm clothes and head out to a local ice rink and have some fun ice skating.
2. Snowball Fight – Gather up some snowballs and have a good old-fashioned snowball fight.
3. Snow Sculpting – Get creative and have a snow sculpture building contest. Who can create the most beautiful sculpture?
4. Ice Fishing – If you have access to a frozen lake, try ice fishing. It’s a great way to get some winter sunshine and potentially catch some fish.
5. Snowshoeing – Get a pair of snowshoes and explore the great outdoors. It’s a great way to get some exercise and enjoy the winter scenery.
6. Sledding – Find a nearby hill and go sledding. Make sure everyone is wearing a helmet and be sure to have a spotter to make sure everyone is safe.
7. Snow Soccer – Grab some friends and a soccer ball and have a game of soccer in the snow. It’s a great way to stay active and have fun!
8. Snow Angel Making – Lay down in the snow and make some snow angels. Who can make the best looking one?
9. Snowman Building – Make the ultimate snowman by gathering snow and adding some fun accessories.
10. Snow Fortress Building – Gather up some snow and start constructing a snow fort. Have some snowballs on hand to defend it from attackers.
No matter how cold it is outside, there are plenty of fun winter games for kids to enjoy. From sledding to snow sculpture building, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. So grab your coat and head outside for some winter fun today!